Friday, January 21, 2011

BBQ Pork in the Crock Pot

Crock pots are great for living small!  I have a two-quart crock pot and it is the perfect size for cooking for one.  I put a small pork loin roast in the crock pot and added some smokey barbecue sauce.  It cooked on high for about 4 hours.  I didn't get started until after lunch time and wanted it to be ready for dinner.  Had I started it in the morning I would have cooked it on low all day.

For dinner, I had the barbecue pork and green beans.  I simply put a couple inches of water in a one-quart pot and brought it to a boil.  I put in a nice portion of frozen whole beans in the water and cooked per package directions for about four minutes.  I lifted the beans from the water with tongs to keep water off the serving plate.  Once on the plate, I topped with a small dollop of butter and sprinkled on a bit of salt.  I didn't salt the water during cooking because it makes the beans tough and it takes longer to cook them. 

Because I like to keep my prep time to a minimum, I tend to cook only one vegetable - I just cook a double portion!  This also keeps cleanup to a minimum.  You could also add a nice piece of bread to this meal.

I should have taken a picture of this wonderful meal - oops!  Tomorrow, my barbecue pork will be served as a pulled pork sandwich.  Tune in to see what the side will be!

1 comment:

  1. I really don't know how to tell you this, But.
    Pork butt cooked in a crock pot is not Bar-B-Que, Now I am not saying its not good, its just not "Q" CF

    ReplyDelete